Monday, June 16, 2008

Crochet for Change--> Crochet and Charity


I have just recently put my first Ravelry pattern up for others to download and its gotten some really great response. I've sent the pattern off to 5 people, 8 people have it in their queues. It's very exciting for me, because you never really know if anyone else will appreciate your work.

That's me in my "V for Victory Hat". I came up with the design for the "Knitters for Obama” group. We are crocheting and knitting a number of hats, scarves, and washcloths to donate to homeless vets in a number of locations. I have made 7 victory hats in varying color combinations to donate for the cause (one example shown by my husband to the left).

In other news, I am still waiting to hear about whether or not I will be in the
Crochet Liberation Front 1st official book with this pattern for my Yogini Tote. If it doesn't make it into the book, I will put it on Ravelry for sale. It took a lot of time and a lot of love to create it.
This week I'm pretty busy...trying to finish up my first sock for the sock a month SF club, prepping yarn for the Knitting Olympics (gonna make my first Fair Isle project) and working on some lovely crochet wear designs I've been cooking up in my little brain (a little hint...Go Speed Racer Go! :D). I'll also be going to Yosemite for the first time for an extended weekend.
This is all while trying to find a new job...sigh.










No comments: